Monday, May 26, 2008

Settled in


Now that we've been home for over a week, we're getting into a routine. One thing is for certain, a two-year-old requires more work than two teenagers.

Grandpa Jack and Grandma Carolin came on Monday and helped us as I went back to work for the first time.

This weekend we had to cancel most of our plans because I got sick. Uncle Jim and his friend Arun stopped by on Saturday for a few hours, which was great (but, I hope they didn't catch what I had). By Sunday, I was in bad shape. I feel much better now, but we missed getting together with family today. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Connor is fun and curious. He always is interested in new things. In general, he seems more interested in the things that we use (such as brooms and TV remotes) than his toys.

We've been asked to keep this blog going for a while, which we will do. We'll try to post weekly to a journal of how Connor is adjusting to life at home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Yiming, one of Doug's colleagues. I am so touched by the stories posted in your blog. I am very happy for you, especially for little Connor. He finally found his home and his family! I believe he will become a happy shining star (Xing means star in Chinese)!

Wish all the best to you all!