Well, going to the ER is never fun but if you have to go ours is the best!
They just opened a new ER 5 minutes from us and we have already visited twice. Connor woke from his nap today about 4:30 coughing terribly and all but gasping for air. I knew it was croup. I had heard it and was just waiting for him to wake up. Boy did he! Knowing he would be fine but needed medicine we just went for help. We arrived at the ER and went right back to a room. Of course because of the cold air his coughing had stopped. The doctor did get to hear it a little and because at night croup is always worse he gave him a one dose steroid. We were on our way home an hour after arriving. Connor was so well behaved. I am very proud of him! Our little trooper!
Hoping for a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Julie ... how awful. I hate croup. An old-fashioned remedy you might want to try is ... take a piece of bread, spread butter on it, spread peanut butter on top of that and then top with syrup. (My Dad had croup a lot as a little boy and this is what they had him eat to help with it.) My sisters and I grew up on it even though we didn't have croup!!
If you want advice on croup, call me. It seems you handle it very well. I can still remember a couple of ER visits with Connor's daddy. He was a brave little guy too.l He made his mom and dad proud.
We are glad that he is better.
Love, Grandma and grandpa
Post a Comment